How I restored my notebook after uninstalling issues of V2i from Symantec
After uninstalling V2i from Symantec I was asked to reboot my notebook. The reboot took for ever so I decide after 30 minutes to switch it off. Problems started when I rebooted, lots of drivers where missing and it seems that I lost the plug and play features. One of the first driver I decided to recover was the Sound driver. This is the way I recover from that sound driver issue.
- In services, check that WinAudio service is enabled, set to automatic, and running.
- In Device Manager, System Devices check that Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator is installed and running
If not , then you need to reinstall it:
- Copy machine.inf from %windir%\inf to your desktop
- Remove line ExcludeFromSelect=*
- Use Add new hardware wizard using the Have Disk option
- Select the machine.inf you saved on the desktop
- Install Plug and Play Software Device
If the sound card is listed in the device manager, then uninstall it and start a scan for hardware changes. Afer installing it again I got the sound back live.
I did the same for several other drivers that were missing on my notebook. And now it seems to be ok.