No new controls but some great fixes!
This has been a long awaited release and has lots of important bug fixes. We were unable to get the Test Framework ready in time and hope to get that out later. The release notes talk about it in detail at this new sample website location. The binaries can be downloaded from the Toolkit Release page.
Please try it out and let us know if you run into any issues.
As you might know, I am running the French .NET portal Tech Head Brothers and I am always searching for good way to optimize it and make it run better.
Following the post of Jeremy Zawodny’s blog: “How To Add Good Expires Headers to Images in Apache 1.3“ I decided to check this on my server running Tech Head Brothers on IIS 6.0.
I am an experienced Team Leader & Senior Solutions Architect with a passion for shipping high-quality products by empowering development team and culture toward an agile mindset. I bring technical vision and strategy, leading engineering teams to move product, processes and architecture forward.
Team Leader, Senior Solutions Architect
I go on the hype like lots of person around there having a blog.
I tried Microsoft assessment “Introduction to Microsoft.NET for
3:29 AM Back home, everything is working :-)
I am currently packing all my stuff to attend the Tech Ed 2003 in Barcelona.
Hope to meet you there.
Now I got a real place where I can post! Christophe contact me if you wanna know where it is ;-)
So today I attended an interesting presentation “WEB290: Web service discovery: Are we meant for each other?”. Thats was not really anything new for me cause I am in charge of evaluating and implementing UDDI solution for the company I work for. But a really good presentation. It will really simplify the life of our infrastructure team.
I am currently working on a new version of my site: Tech Head Brothers. This new version will use the .NET
Framework 1.1. I am facing some difficulties because I had hardcoded some stuff
in the code before. I know thats BAD, really BAD. But sometimes when you don’t
have that much time you do ugly things.
After some work I ported my portal to version 1.1 of the .NET Framework. The
only change related to the update of the frameework was due to XSLT and the
usage of a deprecated method. Cool.