Tonight I was facing an issue with TeamCity 5.0 plugin in Visual Studio 2008.
I was getting the error message ‘Failed to collect changes error’ in the new Local changes window.
Since some time I have the current scenario where I need to have conditional reference in a project. Basically the application must reference an assembly in one case in other it should reference another one. This was working correctly from an MSBuild point of view as the first implemented solution let me compile and run the application on my development machine and it was also working for our TeamCity build server. So everything was fine in this perfect word expect one thing!
The issue was the following; Visual Studio was showing two references of the ‘same assembly’ with different path. Not really an issue you would say because the correct one was used at compile time and at run time in all configurations. So the issue was that this had an impact of ReSharper. And this is I cannot accept because it affect my productivity.
I published, yesterday a short post in French on my Tech Head Brothers portal about Silverlight 4 Beta, Drop Target et MVVM which shows the usage of this new version of EventToCommand combined with Silverlight 4 Drop Target.
I am an experienced Team Leader & Senior Solutions Architect with a passion for shipping high-quality products by empowering development team and culture toward an agile mindset. I bring technical vision and strategy, leading engineering teams to move product, processes and architecture forward.
Team Leader, Senior Solutions Architect
I go on the hype like lots of person around there having a blog.
I tried Microsoft assessment “Introduction to Microsoft.NET for
3:29 AM Back home, everything is working :-)
I am currently packing all my stuff to attend the Tech Ed 2003 in Barcelona.
Hope to meet you there.
Now I got a real place where I can post! Christophe contact me if you wanna know where it is ;-)
So today I attended an interesting presentation “WEB290: Web service discovery: Are we meant for each other?”. Thats was not really anything new for me cause I am in charge of evaluating and implementing UDDI solution for the company I work for. But a really good presentation. It will really simplify the life of our infrastructure team.
I am currently working on a new version of my site: Tech Head Brothers. This new version will use the .NET
Framework 1.1. I am facing some difficulties because I had hardcoded some stuff
in the code before. I know thats BAD, really BAD. But sometimes when you don’t
have that much time you do ugly things.
After some work I ported my portal to version 1.1 of the .NET Framework. The
only change related to the update of the frameework was due to XSLT and the
usage of a deprecated method. Cool.